RapidConnect is a complete development solution to help OEMs and system integrators build Zigbee 3.0 compliant devices. It is the culmination of over a decade of experience with Zigbee networking in residential, commercial, and industrial applications, and it will save you time and money at every juncture of the Zigbee product development process.
RapidConnect is the foundation that MMB's customers have used to build a wide array of Zigbee devices, including:
- Gateways (i.e. Combined Interface Coordinators)
- Dimmable Lights
- Sensors (Temperature, Humidity, Occupancy, Light)
- Door Locks
- Window Coverings
- Smart Plugs
- ...Many more
Here are just some of the IoT platforms that RapidConnect is compatible with:
MMB Networks has worked with many other devices and platforms. If you are interested in a different platform or building your own platform, contact MMB Networks using the 'Contact Us' Button below.
RapidConnect is a fully-featured, configurable Zigbee application running on the EM357 and EFR32 SoCs from Silicon Labs. Think of it as an extension of the Silicon Labs Zigbee stack, providing a compressed and highly-simplified interface to ZDO, ZCL, and Zigbee 3.0 features.
It includes the following features to save your development team a tremendous amount of time and effort:
Runtime Application Configuration
- Breaks the limitations of fixed, compile-time application configuration of features
- Configure any endpoints, clusters and attributes during runtime
- Supports up to (32) endpoints and a total of (100) clusters across all endpoints
Robust OTA Upgrade Implementation
- Built-in support for upgrades to newer versions of RapidConnect
- Additionally, MMB has extensive experience enabling upgrades of the firmware running on the Host MCU (i.e. the MCU that is communicating serially with the RapidConnect Module)
RapidConnect Serial Protocol Support
- A compressed and highly-simplified interface to Zigbee 3.0 functionality
- Superior functional depth and ease of use in comparison to existing direct serial interfaces to commercially available Zigbee stacks
- Provides an effective means for the device co-processor to easily exercise the RapidConnect firmware when required
- The RapidConnect Serial Protocol is clearly documented and sample applications are available
- Serial Libraries (including Java, Python, and others) for easy startup
As any silicon vendor can attest to, RF hardware design is a challenging and iterative process - even when working from a reference design! To help you get to market faster and reduce development expense and uncertainty, MMB offers a RapidConnect Module that has been field-proven and pre-certified against FCC, ISED, and ETSI requirements.
We offer complimentary hardware design reviews to ensure that you have correctly integrated the module into your design. We also use the same module in our RapidConnect Development Board and RapidConnect USB Stick to help with your prototyping and testing activities.
RapidConnect firmware operates on the following off-the-shelf hardware:
|RapidConnect Demo Board|
|RapidConnect Development Board|
|RapidConnect Development Kits|
Make no mistake - MMB is more than a module provider. Once your product has begun selling at high volume and you are able to invest in a discrete design, we will happily transition to a firmware licensing model so you can continue using RapidConnect firmware on your new, chip-down design.
When developing an IoT product, interoperability testing should happen early and often. We created RapidConnect Desktop to provide a simple UI to assist our customers in their Zigbee development, testing, and troubleshooting activities.
With the RapidConnect Development Kit, and RapidConnect Desktop, a developer with limited Zigbee knowledge to set up a Zigbee demonstration out-of-the-box.
RapidConnect Desktop offers the following features:
Powerful Java desktop application available for Windows and MacOS
Provides facilities for exercising the RapidConnect Serial Protocol and controlling RapidConnect-enabled hardware out of the box
Allows users to spin up complex demos in minutes
XML input files allow for saving and reusing complex device configurations
Excellent development tool for observing and understanding the RapidConnect Serial Protocol, general Zigbee network concepts, and specific device behaviours